The Queen of the Adriatic and the Sublime Porte, on the way between these two medieval powers you can be introduced to so many differences, stories, adventures, people and cultures. Europe is full of historical events and it’s easy to get acquainted with them by traveling from central to south-eastern Europe. In addition to Venice and Istanbul, the major cities of Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia and Bulgaria are also worth traveling. The oldest cities in Europe, Vinkovci in Croatia and Plovdiv in Bulgaria should be added to the list of visits. Via Militaris, the road connecting Istanbul with the west in the late antiquity.
This journey could be organize in the opposite direction, too, from Istanbul to Venice.
- 1. Day – Arrival to Venice according to your flight schedule. Relax before the big exploring. Overnight in the hotel.
- 2. Day – Sightseeing of Venice, overnight in the hotel
- 3. Day – After breakfast, journey to Zagreb (Croatia) via the Postojna cave and Ljubljana (both in Slovenia), arrival in Zagreb, overnight in the hotel 239miles/385Km
- 4. Day – Sightseeing of Zagreb and free time to leisure, overnight in hotel
- 5. Day – Departure to Belgrade (Serbia), on the way lunch somewhere in Slavonia with a visit of Vinkovci, arrival to Belgrade, overnight in hotel 241miles/389Km
- 6. Day – Sightseeing of Belgrade and free time for leisure, overnight in hotel
- 7. Day – After breakfast departure for Niš, sightseeing and continue to Sofia, upon arrival sightseeing and overnight in hotel 244miles/391Km
- 8. Day – Departure for Plovdiv, sightseeing and continue to Istanbul, arrival in the hotel 346miles/546Km
- 9. Day – Sightseeing of Istanbul‘s highlights, evening with a dinner, overnight in hotel
- 10. Day – Day for a leisure, exploring Istanbul on your own
- Departure home according to your flight schedules or continuation of your own program
- Any travel service you might wish like transfers, guided tours, chauffeur service, visits to the Dalmatian hinterland properties, escorting/translation of business meetings, catering, tastings of local products such as wine, olive oil, cheese, smoked ham, fish, sweets and other delicacies. We will be pleased to make it happened for you.